One of the things I like most about the Internet and blogging is just that everyone can say anything and other people can read it.
One the things I hate is that a lot of people spend a lot of time just thinking or reading about stuff.
I’m guilty of this myself on many occasions, but I really love it when I see someone who takes what they read or what they believe and they use it to do some good in the world.
So, here on Storyhelix, I’d like to offer up a challenge to my readers.
This month – DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR SOMEONE.
There are so many people who get caught up thinking about themselves, it’s hard to see the people in front of us.
Here are some ideas of something you can do:
- Do your chores or homework on time without complaining (Mothers everywhere will rejoice at this)
- Buy someone some groceries, or buy someone a gift card
- Give someone a gift card you have used but aren’t going to buy anything else from the store (I do this all the time when I get Aeropostle Gift cards – I’ll buy one thing and then give the rest of the card to the people in line behind me.)
- Buy someone’s lunch at a restaurant when you go.
- Instead of leaving a “Jesus Loves You” tract on the table, write “Jesus Loves You” on a ten or twenty dollar bill and leave it for your server.
Do something good! Should you choose to accept this mission, let us know in the comments below this month for a special prize. You’ll get a free ebook of “Beauty’s Curse,” the first in C. S. Johnson’s novella series retelling the story of Sleeping Beauty.